Friday, February 4, 2011

Health Risks Of Smoking One Cigarette A Day

The Inner Wall - Basic Background Stuff


During the early 80ies my university offered a crash course in film-making, telling the future scientists how to document their work on film. The students were shown the basic usage of the instruments, formed small groups of four people, were given 10 minutes of Black-and-white reversal film and could use the instruments for very few days. "The Inner Wall" was filmed in one day, ending late at night with just me, my beloved knife and Maria in her kitchen. I made her a nice cup of cocoa (blood) and she took the knife and castrated herself.

The workshop was attended by a group of meteorology students who made a film about the canteen (I could have predicted THAT), a guy with a sweet little car, a "Gogomobil", who made a film about it (dito), and a guy with the inane idea to cram the story of a feature film into a trailer for that film, me.

The very first day I turned up with a treatment for TIW. It wasn't greeted with too much enthusiasm. Looking back I can't blame them. It seems like an impossible task.

But when all the film were shown at a special screening, TIW was voted best film of the bunch by the viewers, thus winning the totally well-known and prestigious "Film Snake"-award. Actually it was the best TIW-screening I've ever attended. So much laughter and joy in a room full of people - it really did seem to be a good movie. The famous magic of the cinema at work.


0 comments:

Post a Comment